Application Support Engineer - Bristol £35-45K
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To be the main point of contact of support, maintenance, change management, capacity management, system performance in conjunctions with other team members and vendors.
- To contribute to the roadmap for continuous improvement and advancements of the document management systems Maintenance
- To provide technical support of issues raised with the DMS
- Maintain the underpinnings, develop a strong understanding of the topology and ensure continuous resilience and performance of the DMS
- Grow awareness of all connecting systems and the interfaces between them and the DMS Consultancy and guidance
- Be in a position to provide advice and consultancy to peers, management, service teams and the business relating the potential developments
- Raise change requests, attend CAB meetings, obtain successful approval and advise of any conflicting developments in other systems and to represent upcoming changes scheduled for the DMS.
- Produce documentation, knowledge articles and Wiki articles for users, service desks and IT teams Support
- Provide 3rd line support and contribute, oversee and manage projects allocated to the team
- Proactive, enthusiatic and organised, able to structure their own work.
- Service Focused attitude and professional manner appropriate for a law firm. Clear and concise verbal and written communicator, ability to converse at different levels of the business hierarchy.
- Quick to respond to requests, always appear available and approachable, manage time effectively and work under pressure.
- Work well as part of a team and follow direction.
- Know when the time is right to pay attention to detail or not.
Knowledge & Technical Skills:
- Strong application support background, preferably at least 3 years
- Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of performance, capacity management and monitoring tools.
- Broad experience if IT Support and ITIL best practices - required
- Experience of preparing technical and/or user documentation and guidance for peers or other departments - required
- Experience of supplier and vendor management - required
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now.