1st Line IT Support Analyst - Stroud
An established business in Stroud requires a first line Support Technician who is able to join its small team, reporting to the Service Delivery Manager. You will play a key part in enabling the IT function to deliver an excellent customer-focussed service to the business.
The successful candidate will be flexible with regards to learning new processes and technologies in return offering excellent career progression!
- Take phone calls from users and log problems in our helpdesk software
- Manage incoming emails and alerts, escalating to the relevant members of the team as necessary
- Run start-of-day checks on IT systems to ensure correct operation and escalate any problems
- Communicating clearly and promptly with status updates
- Ensure the smooth administration of core IT processes (such as asset management, mobile phone allocations and similar)
- Contribute to the ongoing documentation and reporting for our platforms
- Attend to first-line IT technical tasks, such as setting up accounts, installing software and trouble-shooting PC hardware
- Be part of a monthly on call rota for basic out of hours support and escalation
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent PC skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to the challenges of each day
- A keen eye for detail and strong process-based troubleshooting skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a helpdesk environment
- Experience working remotely
- Full UK driving license
- Own transport
"Southern Lights Ltd act as an employment agency for the purposes of this advert"
For more information on the company and a detailed job specification please apply now.